Ever wonder about what to do with all those 3-1/2″ floppy disks that you have taking up space in your office, closet, house? How about a mural? A DaTa Art mural.
Here’s the plan…have lots of people decorate lots of 3-1/2″ floppy disks and then I’ll put them all together to make a mural.
The mural will go up between Saturday, June 14 and Sunday, July 5, in the Book Bin store front window @ 3rd & Madison in downtown Corvallis, OR. As I receive the disks, I’ll add them to the mural. I’ll post photos on this blog and on Facebook to show its progress.
I’ve created six DaTa Mosaic Tiles so far to start off the project. The rest of them will hopefully come from you.
Would you like to participate in this community mural project? If you live with the Willamette Valley area of Oregon it will be easier for you since you can deliver it or I can pick it up. For those of you outside this area, you’ll need to ship it to me.
The more people that participate, the bigger the mural!
Send an email to let me know that you’re interested or if you need more information: Maureen AT TheMandalaLady DOT com
Here’s a sample of 6 disks I created and how I’ll put them together. To see how I made these visit the following blog posts:
- Upper Middle Disk – https://themandalalady.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/playing-with-3-12-floppy-disks-1/
- Lower Left Disk –https://themandalalady.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/playing-with-3-12-floppy-disks-2/
- Lower Right Disk –https://themandalalady.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/playing-with-3-12-floppy-disks-1-take-2/
- Lower Middle Disk –https://themandalalady.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/playing-with-3-12-floppy-disks-3/
- Upper Left Disk – https://themandalalady.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/playing-with-3-12-floppy-disks-4/
- Upper Right Disk – https://themandalalady.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/playing-with-3-12-floppy-disks-5/
Maureen, The Mandala Lady